Final Release Terranigma - VWF Version

• Special thank to my personal Russian Hero :D !

Now the work can finally start! :)

Meine Lieblings SNES-RPGs:

1. Lufia II
    2. Final Fantasy VI
    3. Terranigma, Seiken Densetsu III
    4. Tengai Makyō Zero, Dragon Quest III SNES-Remake
    5. Star Ocean, Shiren the Wanderer
    6. Chrono Trigger
    7. Final Fantasy V, Magical Land of Wozz
    8. Seiken Densetsu II, Zelda: A Link to the Past

Lieblings-Charaktere: Terra & Shadow (FF 6), Tia & Dekar (Lufia), Carlie (Seiken III), Subaru (TMZ), Schala (CT)

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von x5t ()

• Done!
    8x16 font is done!
    All Bugs Fixed!
    What we have.
    Entire font is now 8x16.
    Icon 16x16 transfer made, and then looked very not cool.
    -----
    http://zalil.ru/30024021
    Rename the ROM (exhirom) "Terranigma.smc".
    And run "font.bat"
    And everything is done.
    -----
    Fontger.bin - font.
    If you need to edit the font.

• Kudos to you! I'm really impressed by your abilities and first and foremost that you are also willing to share your knowledge and results with us. I hope that we get the chance to help you in some way in the future.
    Could you probably outline/explain how you implemented a variable-width font in this particular game? I'm very interested in the technical details.

• First you need to find a procedure for reading the text.
    We put a breakpoint on the text in the debugger.
    Look how the read / display text.
    Analyze the code and add your own code.
    Just can not paint a very .... Knowledge of English will not let me.
    You can watch "ger.asm" there is my code.

• As always, MopoZ has done great work!

I'm a bit unsure about using this new font, though. Using it would mean, we would have to edit ALL the dialogue, every line, as there would be more space within the text boxes.
    The original plan was to change just the passages that needed improvement because of the bad translation.

So at this point I want to include the community into the process and ask, what you would prefer:

- Using the new font which means more work.
    - Staying to the original plan and changing just the passages that really need to be changed, using the original German font.

If the big majority of you thinks, it would be better to use the new font and do the complete dialogue, I would do it. So lets discuss it. In your eyes, what are advantages/disadvantages of using the new font?

1. Lufia II
    2. Final Fantasy VI
    6. Chrono Trigger

Lieblings-Charaktere: Terra & Shadow (FF 6), Tia & Dekar (Lufia), Carlie (Seiken III), Subaru (TMZ), Schala (CT)

• I'm all in favor of using the new font. In my eyes it looks way nicer than the old one and it is easier to read. In my opinion it's quite tedious if there are just few character on each screen. The new variable-width font would give you the ability to display larger amounts of text on one page and it would be easier to read, too, because spaces between letters aren't all the same.

• Hmm ...
    The disadvantage is working with the text enough for a few weeks.
    Plus the same here that would look much better than the original looks, more space for the message. Better for me to use the new font.

• Hier ein erster Eindruck.

Neue Schrift, neuer Text. Erster Dialog im Spiel.

PS: MopoZ, the ExHiROM doesn't run at ZSNES. Did you already now that? SNES9x is without any problem. The original ROM (4 MB, HiROM) could be run at ZSNES apparently...

1. Lufia II
    2. Final Fantasy VI
    6. Chrono Trigger

• Ah OK, thanks for the information ;) !

1. Lufia II
    2. Final Fantasy VI
    6. Chrono Trigger

• If you are into romhacking you really should give bsnes a try. If your computer is not able to run it at full speed, take snes9x. zsnes was last updated a few years ago. There is some movement in terms of SVN check-ins, but there is no emulator more accurate than bsnes. And in addition to accuracy it also has got a very decent debugger. If your hack (this includes translation) runs on bsnes, it will also run on the original console.

• Offizieller Beitrag

If you are into romhacking you really should give bsnes a try. If your computer is not able to run it at full speed, take snes9x. zsnes was last updated a few years ago. There is some movement in terms of SVN check-ins, but there is no emulator more accurate than bsnes. And in addition to accuracy it also has got a very decent debugger. If your hack (this includes translation) runs on bsnes, it will also run on the original console.

Even an Intel Atom CPU can handle BSNES. The latest versions can change her accuracy.

• Kurzes Update:

Krysta, Phase 1 bis zum Öffnen von Pandoras Box sind fast alle neuen Texte eingefügt.

Namen wurden verändert, aber nur sparsam. Vor allem: Fluffy wurde wie im Original zu Yomi.

Zwei kleine Screens als Appetithappen: ;)

1. Lufia II
    2. Final Fantasy VI
    6. Chrono Trigger

• Ich weiß. Aber jeden Dialog im gesamten Spiel abzuändern ist mir momentan zu viel Arbeit. Vielleicht setze ich mich da mal dran, wenn die erste Version des Patches fertig ist.

1. Lufia II
    2. Final Fantasy VI
    6. Chrono Trigger