Beiträge von MopoZ

Terranigma
    Begin
    1) Find the text that will be transferred to a new location.

2)Adding text to a new location.

3) Now the old text, put our pointer.
    First, put $CC, then our pointer. To calculate the pointer, it is necessary to address - $40:0000.
    Text to be at $41:8100. Minus $40:0000 = $01:8100.
    01:8100 - this is our pointer. After the required pointer put $D3!!!

Result:

P.S.
    The text of the ROM should always be placed at $ XX: 8000 - $ XX: FFFF!

It should not be in 0000-7FFF, then you will not be displayed.

RoboTrek
    Begin
    1) Find the text that will be transferred to a new location.

2)Adding text to a new location.

3) Now the old text, put our pointer.
    First, put $CF, then our pointer. To calculate the pointer, it is necessary to address + $80:0000.
    Text to be at $18:8000. Add the $80:0000 = $98:8000.
    98:8000 - this is our pointer. After the required pointer put $CC!!!

Result:

P.S.
    The text of the ROM should always be placed at $ XX: 8000 - $ XX: FFFF!

It should not be in 0000-7FFF, then you will not be displayed.

Don't bother yourself with your language, what you do here ist just great! Can't say how much you helped me, as you've solved my biggest problem concerning Terranigma! :D So, not only manakoAT loves you, I love you too ;) !

As I'm totally new to ROM-translation all these technical aspects are rather hard for me to understand, and guys like you with that big knowledge are invaluable to get the job done properly. Thank you a lot!

by the way, the font you used at Robotrek looks rather cool. First, I concerned staying with the original Terranigma-font. But using it, there would just be space to put 18 digits in every line, which is not a great solution. So maybe in Terranigma, we should change the font, too.

he-he, i love you, too :D

It's about a font.
    Above that I am slowly working on. And I'm almost done. There must also fix a bunch of bugs. And in my spare time I'm looking for them. Now I just can not work at full pace, so as soon as the session at the university, a little preparing for exams. Slowly but anyway I do. =)

Here is a small screenshot proving my work.

so, in Terranigma we do have 3-byte-pointers and that's why we won't need ASM to move the text to the new text-banks we gain through ROM-expansion. What we have to do is just change the values of the pointers to the new section within the ROM, is that right?

Would be great news, if that's the case!!!

You're absolutely right.
    To transfer to a new place you do not need knowledge of assembly language.
    A little later I'll show you everything in detail with screenshots. So how bad I am afraid to explain in words because my English is not so good. :)

And a similar example to show to Roborek. Do not miss, manakoAT.

Hi, manakoAT, I love you too :D
    I myself have worked Robotrek. There, using the same as in Terranigma.
    Guys from everywhere Quintet use such a method. In Soul Blader and Illusion Gaia, all the same, and that in these games.
    I have to be translated into Russian Rom increased to 3 megabytes. It would be more than enough. You need to dump the script from the game? :D

Text:
    http://zalil.ru/29973064

I did not speak English, so that if I did not properly expressed, by Please do not judge me. =)
    Let's start first:
    Storing the text in the ROM:
    1) Yes, it is stored with all sorts of action heroes and other data.
    2) ROM is hirom80. Addressing here a little different.
    PC 00:0000 - 00:7 FFF -> SNES C0: 0000 - C0: 7FFF
    PC 00:8000 - 00: FFFF -> SNES 80:8000 - 80: FFFF
    PC 3F: 0000 - 3F: 7FFF -> SNES FF: 0000 - FF: 7FFF
    PC 3F: 8000 - 3F: FFFF -> SNES BF: 8000 - BF: FFFF
    exHirom will then be:
    PC 40:0000 - 40:7 FFF -> SNES 40:0000 - 40:7 FFF
    PC 40:8000 - 40: FFFF -> SNES 00:8000 - 00: FFFF
    PC 5F: 0000 - 5F: 7FFF -> SNES 5F: 0000 - 5F: 7FFF
    PC 5F: 8000 - 5F: FFFF -> SNES 1F: 8000 - 1F: FFFF
    3) In the text there are pointers to the text from another bank at a value of $ CC.
    What I propose to do in this case.
    At the beginning of each conversation to put pointer to a new location in the ROM.
    Example:

Original:
    -------------------------------------------------- ------------------------------------------
    <$ C0> <$ D2> <$ 00> obtained <$ CF>
    <$ C6> <$ 04> <$ CA> <$ 05> <$ 9F> <$ 1B> GrassPin <$ DC>! <$ D4>
    -------------------------------------------------- -----------------------------------------
    Put
    <$ C0> <$ CC> 3-byte pointer to a new location <$ D4>
    $ D4 - end of line
    The new location ROM set text:
    <$ D2> <$ 00> obtained <$ CF>
    <$ C6> <$ 04> <$ CA> <$ 05> <$ 9F> <$ 1B> GrassPin <$ DC>! <$ D4>

This way you can do so that does not action all of the characters and stuff like that to a new location.
    -------------
    Text:
    http://zalil.ru/29972847

Thx Red!
    I can give huffman unpak for dialogue that I wrote, or I can give a ready script. Just to fully explain I can not, my language barrier prevents this ... But I can say I want to remove DQ5 unpacking the text, and make sure that he was no compression. The same way and want to do with the font. If you want I can do this? =)
    Over here, I upload the text of the dialogues.
    http://zalil.ru/29972220

Hi red!
    At the moment I have almost completely hacked Tales of Phantasy, its translation into Russian. There is a script from the game DQ 5, Terranigma, Robotrek, Fushigi no Dungeon 2 - Fuurai no Shiren, Secret of Evermore. Still working on a font for Terranigma, to have at least 8 * 16 or VWF. Ready to help in any assistance for the games on Snes =)

Excuse me, but as I get in touch with Mongo?

MopoZ