Beiträge von Tl866cs

Does anyone have a recommendation for a PCB manufacturer that would take the file definition from this thread and make a single board cheap?

Better than that would be if anybody had made more than one of the boards and wanted to sell one. Anybody?

Thank you very much for both replies and the picture is great.

I will try it initially without the reset jumper in place and 3 solder blobs.

If this does not work then I will try to add the jumper.

Before reading your forum I assumed that I had made a mistake by buying the TL866CS because I could not program a 32mb ROM. I have programmed many 27C801 chips but needed a way to do the larger chips since the 27C322 is definitely not possible (42 pins with 16 bit data).

I'll let you know how it goes.

I have ordered 2 of the UL94V-0 boards and 2 of the 29f032b chips. I will be constructing the described adapter to use with the TL866CS and I have a couple of questions.

The first test (while I wait for my order from BuyIcNow) is to remove the 32mb chip from a Spider-man Separation Anxiety cartridge and attempt to read it using the TL866CS using the 29f033 chip type. There is no #RESET pin so should I just leave this unconnected on the TL866CS?

Next, I will program the 29f032b using the data from the Spider-Man ROM and try it out. I saw that you connected the #RESET pin from the ULV94V-0 to the TL866CS by soldering a wire onto the #RESET pad. Is this necessary for the programmer to work? (It's ok if it is) What functions do not work if the #RESET is not connected but is left high. (If the #RESET is not connected wouldn't you just be able to reprogram the 29f032b and plug it into a socket on the cartridge without soldering anything?)

Finally, I have seen differing opinions about whether to use SMD 10 ohm resistors on the 3 resistor locations or just solder blobs as jumpers. What is your opinion and what did you do?

By the way I was thrilled to find your post about using the TL866CS to perform the programming!