HD-Loader mit IGR installieren

• Hallo,

Es gibt ja jetzt IGR for HDLoader rev2,
    allerdings komme ich mit der enlischen Beschreibung überhaupt nicht zurecht.

Vielleicht kann das ja jemand genauer erklären was wohin kopiert und was in welcher reihenfolge gestartet wird.

hier mal das englische:

Zitat:
    Updated 04 January 2009:

IGR for HDLoader rev2.

DNAS games should work now
    Fixed some games that were giving blue screen (eg. ico)
    Fixed some games that were giving bsods
    Fixed some games that didn't react to combo press at all
    Everything should be more stable
    New method of unhooking hdloader
    Name of hdloader file has been changed to "HDLOADER.ELF", as suggested by dlanor.

Out of these, only the last one (new unhook method) can cause some problems. I tested it on v7 and v10 only.

BTW. HDLoader doesn't unhook itself properly even in mode 3. That's why proper unhooking has to be done by IGR even when mode 3 is enabled. But fortunately we always have unchanged copy of kernel in rom . So I'm just copying whatever I have to.
    ==========================================
    Updated 02 January 2009:

Updated version of IGR app that finally works with hdloader.

Have hdloader in one of these paths:

"mc0:/BOOT/hdl.elf"
    "mc1:/BOOT/hdl.elf"
    "mc0:/B?DATA-SYSTEM/hdl.elf"
    "mc1:/B?DATA-SYSTEM/hdl.elf"
    where ? is the region code.

As usual L1+R1+L2+R2+Select+Start for IGR.

Hdloader has to be patched. It doesn't matter which version or which patches were applied. Can be either compressed or uncompressed. I tested on 0.8b++ patchset.

The compatibility is a little bit lower than in the poc version I released earlier, but sharing space with hdloader is a pain in the ass . I got about 30% of games to work with it (only), but it will change in the future.

You don't have to use mode 3 in hdl, but you can if you want. IGR will unload hdloader automatically, so it's simply not needed.

===========================================
    IGR - a.k.a. In Game Reset, a feature know from few other consoles. Why not implement it for PS2?

The basic concept is simple:

1. Detect pad button presses.
    2. Launch apropriate app on particular button combo.

Although it looks simple, it's not that easy to do, especially that I wanted to make it EE side only, which means no code on IOP side (there are good reasons for that). Launching the application from the middle of running another app is also not that easy, as a lot of caution is required (and I had some serious problems with sif, though I was able to get rid of it by modifying SifInitCmd function a little bit).

Take this one as the proof of concept rather than working app (more concept than proof I would say ).

The IGR_mc.elf file after becoming resident will launch file in:

mcx:/BOOT/BOOT.ELF
    mcx:/B?DATA-SYSTEM/BOOT.ELF

where "x" is memory card slot and "?" is regional code.

(to be true I tested it mostly with one app, so I recommend using uLE, tested on uLE 4.2

The IGR_cdvd.elf file after becoming resident will launch cd/dvd dsc that is in drive.

The button combo to trigger the procedure is L1+L2+R1+R2+Select+Start, so basically it's "soft reset" known from some games.

Once the IGR procedure is triggered, it will launch the file in:

mcx:/BOOT/BOOT.ELF
    mcx:/B?DATA-SYSTEM/BOOT.ELF

where "x" is memory card slot and "?" is regional code.

As in previous case, I recommend uLE.

Many games will not work with that. Many homebrew apps also. Some won't load at all, others won't detect button presses, others will hang at reset. What's interesting, the OSDSYS will work (tested on V10) - just use the mcard version to launch uLE and MISC/PS2Browser (taking out your FMCB card may be necessary, but it wasn't tested). Now by pressing the combo, you can launch the app from OSDSYS .

Due to obvious reasons, ESR will not work with this.
    DNAS enabled games will not work (I know exactly what's the problem and know a good solution - I had to do the same for ESR. I didn't add this feature, because I'm aiming at hdloader, which handles this case on its own).

This version works only with games launched through cd/dvd drive and with homebrew. The real goal is to make it work with hdloader (I had some nice results with just minor changes, but it's somewhat unstable right now, and it works only if mode3 is enabled in hdloader). Once it's ready (undefined future, as I won't work on it for now - got may other projects to finish first), it should be a cool thing.

Leave a comment if you wish, but note it's only "proof of concept", not even should be called application . And it prooves that can be quite easily done (well, not that "easily" really... but it took just yesterday and a quick fix today to get to this point). Note, that it's not a priority app, so it will wait untill others are finished.

I didn't test it too much. Just with my V10 PAL console, but I guess it should work fine on others.

Best regards.

PS. It's not really "Free Vast" related... but it shares some part of code with ESR ...

Quelle: PSX-Scene.Com